But seriously, it was fun. It was also ferociously hot one day followed by really cloudy, cooler than normal days. And, to help in the planning process, I had my A5 red Domino to hold some key information. The cutest outcome of bringing that to planning meetings? My co-leader's dd brought her used Franklin Covey pink binder to camp, too! She had noticed mine and thought, I need mine as well. This dd is 5--bwa ha ha... I so wish I had a picture of that, but it was rainy and rain + camera=unhappy camera and distressed blogger.
I brought the red Domino each day with back up songs and assorted activities in case we needed them. We didn't, but we did not want to have 14 Daisy Scouts staring at us thinking, "Now what do we do?!"
My pocket Malden came to camp, too. He hung out safely in my backpack as I was terrified he would fall victim to a bug spray, sunscreen or--horrors--a pink lemonade crisis! *Shudders to think* Classy, eh? Yep, that is a plastic bag, freezer weight, that one zips to close. Can't be too careful!
Our unit made dirt pudding and it was delish. The yuck factor was quite high.
All of my own kids had fun at day camp--some did no-fire cooking, others did fire cooking. All took hikes, sang songs ad nauseum, completed craft projects, and traded pinned trinkets called SWAPS.
The overnight was a success as evidenced by our exhaustion the next day. Two hours sleep does not a happy, productive Scout make.
| Our teeny tent from pre-kid days |
| My dd helped to take down the tent! |

Looks like you all had a great time! I laughed when I read your co-leader's dd walked with her planner too when she saw yours! And she is only 5!! Methinks I will have to brainwash my little nieces too when they get a bit older :-)
ReplyDeleteWe did! It was so sweet of that little girl to mimic me. Her mom had bought her the FC binder at a garage sale, and it made me smile when she yanked hers out at camp. Brainwashing sounds so harsh...let's reframe that as "inspiring an organized life". :)
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Despite the heat, it sounds like you had a great time!
ReplyDelete