My friends know I love my planners. And, being a paper loving freak I strolled our Walgreen's bargain aisle and found this A5-insert-sized planner for $1. On impulse (I know, amazing) I snatched it as the colors, format, price, and tabs screamed, "Buy me!"
Now, you may be thinking, "What will this journal be used for? You already use some sweet planners. Hmmn?" Well, my discovery of this dissertation completion site for ABD'ers like me is reinforcing my need for breaking my writing into smaller, manageable, realistic, and attainable chunks. This planner has enough room for me to plan each day's research and writing goals. Thank you, Dr. Jain, for stating the obvious so nicely on your site!
With this in mind, this lovely, colorful (what, am I a three yr old, now? Look at the pretty colors!) bargain planner will be my dissertation writing and research to-do list keeper. Its monthly views look like this:
| Only thing to make this better would be the words "chocolate" AND "coffee". |
The planner also includes a planning calendar for 2010-2013, and...you guessed it....TABS!:
At the back of the planner are some neat sheets I will rip out and add to the storage pocket in my Erin Condren planner. Using the to-do perforated pages within a to-do journal seems redundant, you think?
Now, the weekend weekly to-do spaces are a bit small, but I'll deal with that. I think this cute little tool will help me focus my energies, track my progress. and get 'er done.
Thanks for reading!
I <3 the "to do" and "to buy" listies! It would be neat to have a tear pad of both that you could stick in any planner you were using at the time. I guess index cards would work, but wouldn't be nearly as fun ;p
ReplyDeletePURPLE.TABS!!!! wowsers....!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic little planner, and for only a buck!!! I have to say, some of the bigger-name brands could take some lessons from this planner. (Tabs! Check boxes! Colors! Monthly calendars!!!! And TABS!)
ReplyDeleteGreat planner. How is it working for you? Isn't it too much with also the big ring-bound one and the filo?
ReplyDelete@Rori--I totally agree.
ReplyDelete@Jotje--I KNOW!!!!
@Laurie--Would it be dreamy if others would actually sit up and notice the simple desires of planner-crazed people like us? ;)
@girlinmaths--This is ONLY for my dissertation. The EC planner is personal/professional appointments and such, and the Malden personal is for ongoing lists, information, and things I need to keep track up but are necessarily not tied to a particular date or week. I only write at home, so this stays on my desk. :)