Blogger ate my 1st post!
Here is my fat FC binder that I'm using as a personal binder. My poor Malden was overstuffed and I couldn't bear it any longer.
I added captions earlier to my 1st post. Will attempt that again later.
Have a lovely day!















I love the huge rings! The binder is very nice generally, looks very practical and well designed. I'm never really sure about FC's penchant for those buckly clasps, but otherwise it looks great! Wish filofax would put out some binders with bigger rings.
ReplyDeleteI just bought a binder similar to that at the Franklin Covey store and took it back a few days later. I HATE those huge buckles on the front. Every time I opened the binder, the buckle hit the table. I didn't end up getting a binder because they didn't have any I liked. It takes about 2 or 3 years of looking to find a FC binder that agrees with me. I like them simple - like the Filofax binders. I wish FC would take note.
DeleteThe buckle isn't getting to me...yet. Love the leather being buttery and not vinyl-like. Some of the newer ones aren't are as bedazzled as this one. Thanks for commenting.
DeleteI think I'm just too particular!
DeleteThe leather on that one was gorgeous! I picked up another binder with a smaller buckle but didn't like the way it felt. It was leather but it didn't have that "buttery" feel.
Love it!! And, gorgeous binder! I love the pebbly leather and contrast stitching. Do you know the name of that style of binder?
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to more details when you have time! :)
Oh and PS where did you get those month on two pages grid calendars? I love the clean look of them.
DeleteThank you! It is super soft and bendy (in a good way). Some FC are leather not rigid or plastic-feeling so I was thrilled this was actually nice.
DeleteI have not discovered the model name as of yet.
Those are Mead refills sold by Target. $6 for 18 months of writing space! I have an extra set for 2013 if you want them. The monthlies alsodo have wo2p space between the TABBED months.
Just look at thoses rings......Oh I wish Filofax would take note and give us bigger rings!
ReplyDeleteAgreed! I know it looks like everything and more stuffed in there but it's working for me at the moment. Thanks for reading!
DeleteI love that you found time to blog this even though you're so busy! I always feel sloppy when my planner gets stuffed, so I clean it out. But every time I clean it up I always take out something important that I think I won't need. It's always a coupon or a receipt. Or because I switch binders so often I'll leave something behind (like my dogs rabies vaccination paperwork) because I think I won't need it. New goal- let the binder get stuffed and stick with one binder! Love these photos :)
ReplyDelete-Kristin
I blogged from my phone or it wouldn't have happened. :)
DeleteYour reasoning is exactly why I went with huge rings! The A5 stuffed is way to cumbersome to tote around, and this now has all the stuff I need to have with me. I wish I could travel lighter but, for now, I can't.
Thanks for reading and commenting. :)
Wow! Your planner is so full. FC binders are great about larger ring size.
ReplyDeleteThey are! I actually saw a compact on eBay with even larger rings. Crikey.
DeleteLove the quotes you have in there - I´ll have to come back and steal those :-)
ReplyDeletePlease do! xx
DeleteThose are some massive rings! Like josh, I'm not a big fan of the buckle-type clasps, but the binder itself is beautiful! Thanks for the sneak peak. :-)
ReplyDeleteYep! Decidedly not like your compact Reggie. ;)
DeleteI spot Paperchase paper! What brand are your 2013 refills?
ReplyDeleteYes! Sent to me from a fellow Philofaxy and in-person friend, Alison.
DeleteThe tabbed months are Mead brand. Target sold them here in personal(compact) and A5 (classic size--7 holes, not 6).
I may have just purchased this very same binder off ebay a few days ago in green. I tried contacting the seller about the exact style but I never got a response. I can't wait to get it in the mail now that I've seen these photos!
ReplyDeleteI love how crammed full it is! You make me want to ditch my Slimline and use a binder with bigger rings :)
ReplyDeleteLove this post :D x
Yay for you! You will love this binder. Please share some pics when you are all set up in it.
ReplyDelete