| This pocket has the full-width all leather pocket so needed by me to make this my wallet. Pocket Finchley? No. Pocket Domino? No. Pocket Finsbury? Yes. But, this antique leather is sooooo nice. |
| Look at that! Money rarely lingers this long--must be Malden Magic. |
| The first tab is "diary" and I am trying the week one one page/notes opposite. In my personal I keep my one day to a page calendar with additional details and notes corresponding to this weekly view. |
| Week on one page with notes. Major to-do lists are in my personal crimson. |
| Next tab is "Notes" This is for shopping lists and reminders of things I need to buy while out and about. Not my larger grocery list--the other errands I always seem to have. |
| Lovely stitching on the back of the Malden. |
| Another way I have the Malden cousins work in tandem. Only two items left on the list for me. :) |
A hasty post, but I wanted to get it out there before I head back into the wilderness (suburbs) with my Scouts. Take care, all, and please ask any questions you may have.
Its nice too see some one using the diary in the pocket, i think that one looks a bit too small for my needs tho but oh my the malden is pretty :-)
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this post :-)
Still no closer to deciding between the Crimson and the black lol :-)
Excellent idea to use the paint cards as tabbed dividers! Looks great with the colors. Thanks for showing us how you're using your Maldens!
ReplyDeletePS I love St. Francis. I find him very inspirational.
Love this post! Also, I like the creative use of the paint cards as decoration. I should do something like that at the front of my Malden. I have something now, but I think I want to change it up. We'll see what I end up doing.
ReplyDeleteQuestion: do you ever find it bulky or too much to carry the Filo as a wallet? I've thought about using a pocket as a wallet, but I don't know that it's something I'd like.
Lovely photo of your kids! Lovely Malden! Sounds like you have a great system going here!
ReplyDelete@Imy Thank you! I had a crimson personal and had to get the black pocket. If I could only buy one, it would be the black. :)
ReplyDeleteThe week on one page is tiny, I agree. That is why I can only have it as a brief overview of thw week. I really like it thus far! x
@Laurie Thanks for commenting! That paint card idea was such a whim--picking out scrapbook paper, to me, is almost overwhelming, and the cards I used were the perfect size to cut down for the pocket. :)
St. Francis is in my garden and I have a tag on our dog, too! His story, along with St. Clare of Assisi, is amazing.
@kanalt Thank you! The pocket is a little chunky but I never carry it in my actual pocket pocket--always in a bag. I think keeping this Filo on an inserts diet will help him stay on the lighter side. ;) My old wallet had a checkbook included--now that was a bulky wallet.
A pocket Fins is similar in dimension and a cheaper way to experiment with it. I should send you the pocket brown my dh refuses to use...
@AspireToBe Thank you very much for your kind comments!
Ok, the paint cards as the dividers is GENIUS.
ReplyDeleteHow do you carry your debit card and drivers license and stuff though? There's enough room in the front of the Malden?
Hmm..I'm thinking about this seriously...my VB wallet is so small I'm always worried about losing it. Something more substantial would be a good idea. Also! a notebook to whip out when I need to just make a quick note...Y'all are SO smart!
Thank, Rori! I picked up a handful from Walmart to look at for color ideas for the house. Then I thought, that would like nice and be sturdy as well. Can't beat the price, either... :)
ReplyDeleteI carry the main cards in the front inside left slots--license, debit, one credit card. I keep store cards and such at home in a VB zip around wallet to carry when needed.
Not that smart--should have done this months ago! ;)
thanks for sharing the picture of st francis and the prayer - it was just what i needed this evening - he is my favorite saint too
ReplyDeletehave a nice week :)
Anonymous-you're welcome, and have a great week as well!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea with the paint samples! I'm a scrapbooker and have plenty of printed paper, but I still went to Walmart to copy your idea....Thanks!
ReplyDelete