Monday, July 2, 2012

Best Present Ever!

So today is my birthday. And I just received the best present ever!

Be still my beating heart...my husband just said, and I quote,

"I think I need to get a Filofax. The iPhone calendar isn't working. I need to write things down in a paper calendar."

Whaaaaat?! Really? This is the same man whom I gave a brown pocket Finsbury to last summer and he shunned it with distaste and disgust.

I gleefully grabbed my personal raspberry Chameleon and said to him, "This size? Or like this one, my black pocket Malden?" He sighed loudly and replied, "Oh no, I've opened Pandora's box. The larger one."

I can't just give him one of mine--they are generally girly ones with the exception of the black and red personal Maldens. I couldn't hand those over to him. I'd worry about them being cared for properly. Silly, but I know you know what I mean, dear reader.

So now I have a most important job to complete--to get my duh a Filofax he will learn to love as I do mine.

Suggestions?

14 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! I did get my boyfriend a Pocket last year, that he chose himself, because he really liked the idea of having one, but in reality never uses it... grrrr
    Anyway, I'm thinking maybe a compact or slimline, so it's less of a hassle? Some beautiful black or brown leather... I'm dreaming, sorry :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried a pocket last year and he snubbed it. Definitely a beautiful leather for certain for him to use it as I hope he will. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Personal Kendal, if you can find one. Beautiful, masculine binder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ha, sounds just like what happened to me a few weeks ago! Check out my post:

    http://www.allthingsstationery.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/i-just-cant-take-all-this-filofax.html

    I've almost finished setting hubby's up and will post about it soon. I got him an A5 black Metropol and he's very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, awesome! I'd say a Kendal, or may be a Holborn...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave DH a gray Graphic A5 and he took it quite well! I thought he would use only a week just to be nice, but he really gets stuff done with it.
    On our last trip he had all the itinerary, hotel and flight info written down on it and he was carrying it most of the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I have a video on youtube and a post about setting up a Filo for my partner if you want to check them out. They were both featured on Philofaxy during the last couple of Saturdays. I got him the Finsbury personal zip in brown from "Pens and Leather". It was very affordable, and a good size-quite masculine, too. He loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your duh has finally given up Hello Kitty in favor of a Filo? I love it! I'm a little behind, so you may have already written on it, but I assume thee will be an updated post forthcoming? Looking forward to reading the details!

    ReplyDelete