Hmmn. I know this list I write today will make me laugh somewhere down the road as things I once valued lose significance, life throws me new challenges, and I endure anticipated life changes. That being said, here is what I would tell my younger self. Not that I would have listened to myself then!
1. Is is really important who your friends are. They shape your decisions, influence your lifestyle, and impact your success. Hang out with determined, successful people that support you in your endeavors.
2. Heartaches hurt a lot, but you will get over him faster if you just end it already. If you're wasting time with the wrong person, you certainly won't meet the right one.
3. Study a bit more and believe in yourself. Yes, you are smart enough to get in to the graduate school you want to attend and you should just go for it!
4. Spend more on your wedding photography and less on the food. It's just a meal, and we eat the rest of our lives. The pictures are only taken then and there are no redos (technically).
5. Men really aren't as complicated as you make them out to be. No offense, gentlemen readers, but if a man wants to speak with you, he calls you. If he doesn't, he won't. Not that I know much about Them, but most of 'em are not gamey, scheming, and worried about how their behavior "looks." Yes, I was that, "but why do you think he hasn't called?" girl. Um, maybe he wasn't in to you? Duh.
Thanks for reading.
Totally agree with the last one! I hope when my daughters are old enough and having love-troubles they will turn to me, so that I'll be able to talk some common sense into them. LOL
ReplyDeleteOdds are, they won't. You just don't share this stuff with your mother (who would know ALL the answers!), instead you'll turn to your friend. Who's just as clueless as yourself. Enter your point 1!!!
Lovely post. Ah, if I could tell myself self anything, there'd be quite a list. ;)
ReplyDelete