Hmmn, a photo of myself. As I am the Keeper of the Camera, I have very few pics to pick from to share here. I have two that I like. One is from my wedding 10 years ago.
5am-6am up and at 'em for coffee and Alone Time. Caught up on Twitter, fool that I am, and Bible in 90 Days readings. I want to read these thoughtfully, but the pace feels more like university and "The Bible as Literature class" I think I took. Maybe?
6am-8 am Read Twitter for a while, fed sleepy kids and self, cleaned kitchen and counters.
8am-10 am Scanned pics to Flickr, sorted household papers, managed kids, did laundry, made necessary phone calls.
10am-12pm Paid bills, read to children, fed children and self, played 52 toy pickup; received package of graph paper inserts (and stickers) from Rori (yay!).
12pm-3:00pm Printed tabs for Vision Filofax (as inspired by Pamela Henrie and her Women's Success Planner), checked and responded to emails, Twitter foolishness, Facebook folly, kept kids from killing one another. No, not literally.
3-00pm-4:30pm Readied self for annual physical, helped dd with computer game, started dinner, attended appointment.
4:30pm-5:30pm Returned home to dinner finished by dh (yay!), retrieved one kids from neighbor's home, fed all, cleaned kitchen, contemplated need for more caffeine, made one cup of Via.
5:30pm-7 pm I honestly have no idea. Oh, wait, gave baths to #4 and #3. Separately. One girl, one boy. Checked in with my mom. After that, your guess is as good as mine. Skimmed Twitter.
7pm-8pm Summer bridge materials (workbooks) with kids. Minimum 5 pages=one tv show.
8-9 :30pm DH ill and off to sleep, read to kids, fed them a snack, started bedtime routine, coerced children to go to sleep because Mama needs to be off-duty for a little while. NOW.
9:30pm Wrote blog you are skimming now.
11:00pm Bedtime!
Thanks for reading, and more to follow...

An idea... do a tweet every time you start a new task and then you just look at your feed at the end of the day and there you have your diary for the day!
ReplyDeleteHope DH has recovered.....
I loved hearing about your day. It is the details in our lives that make us unique, and I find them fascinating. Now I know you better and can imagine you moving through your day. Lovely!
ReplyDelete@Steve-Great idea. Wonder how others might see the excitement of my daily life... :)Thanks for the suggestion and for reading. DH still asleep-thank you for the well wishes.
ReplyDelete@Roanne-Thank you! My days will do a 180 in 2 weeks when I return to work. May have to do a post about that insanity at that time. Kids up at 6, school drop off at 7 and so on. It will feel like a sprint compared to the jog of summer. Take care.
Hope DH is feeling better! I ADORE the wedding picure!! so so sweet :D
ReplyDelete@Steve BRILLIANT!! haha
I like this post. It's fun to see what people do during the day, esp. when off from work.
Bearing in mind that Gretchen Rubin probably has a nanny/babysitter! AND probably other help. PLUS she works from home, yes? Looking forward to the blog posts though! Good luck with the challenge :)
You are up so early!!!! I just started this because of Sharon too :-) hehe Its fun :-D xx
ReplyDelete@Rori You are probably right about that nanny thing. Thanks for wishing me luck!
ReplyDelete@Imy I love getting up early! I will check out your blog and Sharon's later. :)
Gorgeous photo!
ReplyDeleteI was following Ali Edwards last week as she did Project Life (& focuses on one week of her life in-depth). Think she has some great resources on there for mapping out/reflecting on the days activities (site is also a bundle of inspiration - be prepared to be on there for ages!!!).
The Happiness Project is on my Kindle for my solo trip to Italy in 2 weeks time. Intend to catch up on some reading and this is top of my list. My little ones are my help (hinderance!) with the house and jobs!!!
Looking forward to reading your future posts...
Oooh, this is awesome! I might have to start it myself since my blogging has been... erm... lacking lately! :(
ReplyDelete@Globetrotting Cacti-Thank you for the tip on Ali Edwards. Will have to check that out asap. The HP book is a great read and inspiring as well. Take care.
ReplyDelete@J Thanks--you should join the party. *drumming fingers on desktop* ;)
Great photos! I've been seeing this challenge making it's way around the blogosphere and thought about taking part. But there's just no way I can post everyday, so I'm not going to even try to put that pressure on myself!
ReplyDelete@kanalt Thank you! Some posts are shorter than I would like, but to me this challenge is about consistency and making posting (writing) a habit. Maybe you can start a different, scaled-down challenge? I'm still hopeful I myself can pull this off!
ReplyDelete