First of all, I was once a "movie person" but I am no longer. With my kids being young, demanding, and ever present in our household, time for watching an adult movie (not THAT kind of movie! Ewww...) is slim to none. In addition, my husband and I agree that movies trick you into feeling something for characters that aren't even real. Sure, their stories may have been created for that purpose, but we have enough in our life and world to react to on the emotional level. Real people that we actually know and love, as well as true events that move us deeply and profoundly.
Sorry to be such a killjoy. I know there are many out there that love movies for the very reason I am less of a fan of them. The last movie I saw in a movie theater was "Attack of the Clones"--one of the newer Star Wars Trilogy movies.
The last movie I watched was "Marley and Me". That was ridiculously sad at the end.
One older favorite of mine was "The Usual Suspects" featuring Kevin Spacey.
Thanks for reading!
The Usual Suspects is one of my favorite movies of all time!!
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with you on movies. Ever since my kids were born, I have enough emotional upheaval. I don't need tearjerkers, terrorism movies, violence or scary too-real scenarios. Movies about children being abducted?? No freaking thanks! I want movies to be pure entertainment, with as little violence as possible. I just don't have the nerves for anything else anymore!